· Developand establish specifications, develop and validate test methods, performquality testing, and technology transfer of plastic / physical attributes forpackaging materials used for drug products and medical devices.
· Writephysical testing method. Write physical testing method development plan /report, method validation protocol / report, perform physical studies and providetest data to demonstrate R&D of packaging and products.
· Provideefficient and timely documentation and/or transfer of testing technologies.
· Interfacewith physical testing equipment vendors and consultants to improve physicaltesting technologies.
· Understand,interpret and refine package testing procedures and standards to support theeffective design, validation, and implementation of new packages and packagingtechnology. Provide meaningful explanations and forward actions to appropriateDivision/Subsidiary personnel
· Supportline manager and other project managers with Project Management techniques anddevelop project plans.
· Write physical testing equipment standard operationprocedures or working instructions, lead physical testing equipmentqualification and calibration, and establish corresponding equipmentmaintenance instructions.
· Interfacewith cross functions to ensure project meets agreed upon goals. Continuouslyassess and communicate project results vs. goals and take corrective actionwhen required
· Identifyand provide rationale for funds needed to successfully deliver project goals
· Writeand present technical and business summaries for both technical andnon-technical personnel
· Seekout and leverage technology to bring consumer value
· Developand utilize a broad network of technical resources to expedite projectcompletion
· Coordinateoutsourcing testing related to packaging materials, maintain good relationshipwith the laboratory service suppliers, authorities’ certificate labs andindustry committees.
· Develop and validate test method excluding physicaltesting for packaging materials as needed, perform testing and provide testdata timely to support product R&D.
· Supportline manager to lead equipment maintanance.
· Participateroutine laboratory maintanance.
· M.S.or Ph.D. Degree in Packaging, Engineering or Material Science or Analytical
· M.S.with at least 7 years of relevant experience, Ph.D with at least 4 yearsrelevant experiences. Experiencein pharmaceutical packaging evaluation is desirable.
· Previousexperience in a multi-national company is desirable.
· Experiencein the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry, andfamiliarity with the design control process.
· Experiencein package testing and with package specifications
· Understandingand experience with local and international testing standards.
· Fluentin both spoken and written English and Chinese.