Implement and manage procurement objectives, policies and programs. Responsible for the coordination and consolidation of purchases and supplier management to achieve the most favorable quality, service, cost and technology for product/service.
- Management of China purchasing teams; ensuring annual objectives are clearly set, monitoring progress to objectives and driving talent management for the organization.
- To develop, communicate and deploy regional sourcing agreements
- To drive standardized ways of working across the various purchasing teams.
- Secure continuity of supply of raw materials as well as critical services and goods
- Managing raw material budgets across plants. Ensure that aggressive budget targets are set. Accountable for an accurate follow up of the PPV by plant.
- Accountable for the Procure to Pay processes for raw materials and indirect services & goods.
- Management of the critical supplier relationships in alignment with global and regional category managers.
- Responsible for the identification of annual improvement plans across the indirect and direct spend categories
Work with suppliers to improve current performance and develop new opportunities
Competitive tendering of all contracts
Communicate and engage senior management on opportunities with suppliers. Secure necessary buy-in for the sourcing projects
Coordinate and support projects with category managers
- Ensure appropriate communication with key stakeholders to update on key purchasing projects as well as ensuring compliance to purchasing’s rules of engagement
- Ensure compliance with corporate purchasing policies through effective communication and relationship building with internal customers
- Manage Taiwan indirect purchasing for commercial organization and provide guidance on 3rd party finished goods sourcing and purchasing.
- Manage purchasing operation in Commercial and R&D organization.
- Team Leadership & People Management
1. Bachelor degree or above;
2. At least 10 years’ experience in Purchasing / Operations / Supply Chain related position, preferred in Pharm or Medical devices industry;
3. Strategic thinker, innovative & logical, flexible and able to evaluate/manage risk.
4. Pragmatic, fair & objective decision making ability.
5. Change agent, strong leadership and management skills
6. Excellent communication skills with all relevant stakeholders of internal company and external authorities. Able to build strong collaborative working relationship with external stakeholders.
7. Fluency in both of oral and written English.
8. Willingness, determination and motivation to succeed.
9. Strong people management skills